Another award from Prashant, whose blog you should really check out as he writes beautifully! 🙂 It’s taken me a while to get around to this – phew! (and sorry if you got a couple of notifications for this; I had to repost it as something went horribly wrong the first time)
There are lots of different sets of rules for this award, but the most common I found was:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- List five bloggers you follow and enjoy who have less than 3,000 WordPress followers
- Answer eleven questions
- Write eleven facts about yourself
- Ask your nominees eleven questions about themselves
Eleven questions answered
1. What is your favourite genre of writing?
2. What is the most memorable compliment you ever received?
Actually, I feel 2016 has so far been the year of compliments for me. But I will always remember one of my English teachers writing to me “Very impressed I am. You can write, girl!” a few years ago and sharing my creative writing with the rest of the class.
3. Politician or Actor/Actress?
I would rather chat to an actor/actress, and thinking about it, I would rather be an actress than a politician. I think political power corrupts people.
4. Who is your favourite Author?
Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
5.One thing you cannot live without?
6. Who is your Role Model?
You know, I find this question one of the most difficult to answer when someone asks me it. I look up to a range of people for different reasons. But I also think people are just people. We all make mistakes; we all have our flaws.
7. Which blog you enjoyed most on reading?
Ooh that’s a tough one. I would say see above for the people I nominated for the award as it’s too difficult choosing just one!
8. What is your weakness?
Not knowing myself. Not listening to myself.
9. What inspires you to write?
The smallest things. Sometimes I get a piece of dialogue in my head or a line which prompts a bigger story. Sometimes it’s just the way the world looks, sometimes it’s the way the world doesn’t look. But really, there is a need to write within me, and that’s inspiring enough.
10. Your favourite holiday destination & why?
I’m going to be predictable and say South Korea, even though I’ve only been there once. I felt comfortable there, and safe, and using Korean to native speakers made me feel accomplished and on a constant high.
11. What is your biggest dream of life?
To be happy and free.
Eleven facts about myself
1. My first word was Emma, which was our cat’s name (sorry Mum!).
2. Things seem to happen to me in groups – in flurrys.
3. I have a yearning for a place I don’t belong. A homesickness for a place which isn’t home.
4. I wish I had taken more risks and opportunities when I was younger.
5. People watch programmes differently. The way I see it, there are two camps: one camp flits from one programme to the other, while the second watch the same programme until its end without any breaks. I belong to the latter group. If I find a programme and have loads of episodes to catch up on, I’ll watch them all from beginning to end without watching other things in between.
Walking Jogging Running in the rain is the best.
7. I have a Google Docs file called “Corpses of my darlings”. It’s not what you think… honest.
8. My favourite colour is blue-green aquamarine. The same colour as the sea. The same colour as veins through skin.
9. I’m a strong believer in consistency as opposed to relying on motivation/inspiration. But damn, consistency is hard.
10. After two or three years of writing drought where I had to answer prompts to survive, I think I’m finally generating my own ideas again. Oh happy days. All I had to do was change my perspective.
11. Coffee is my weakness, but if I drink it at anytime passed maybe 3/4pm, I’ll stay awake until 3/4am.
Eleven questions to my nominees
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What has been your biggest achievement to date?
3. If your house was burning down and you only had time to rescue one thing (and your family/friends/pets were already safely outside), what would it be?
4. How often do you write/practise your art form?
5. What is your favourite TV show/film?
6. If you could talk to anyone in the history of the world, who would it be?
7. What is your best memory?
8. What inspires you to write/practise your art form?
9. What is your favourite blog post that you’ve ever written?
10. What is your favourite novel?
11. What is your favourite holiday destination and why?